Increasing Workforce Participation
The next Increasing Workforce Participation round will open in 2021.
The Tasmanian Community Fund is committed to providing $1.5 million per year for five years from 2018 to support projects that increase workforce engagement. This commitment was the result of feedback from the community about the need for increased engagement and capacity to engage with the workforce across Tasmania.
Through Increasing Workforce Engagement, the TCF supports collaborative and sustainable projects that increase Tasmanian's capacity and capability to engage with or continue to engage with the workforce in one or more of the following areas:
- increasing the number of young people in employment, education and training
- improving linkages between employment education and training
- increasing participation rates in education, training and lifelong learning that lead to increased workforce participation
- increasing life aspirations and attainment
- increasing functional literacy and numeracy (including financial and digital literacy)
- improving language skills for Tasmanians for whom English as a second language is a barrier to participation
- increasing capacity to transition through life stages.
If you have a project idea, it is never to early too start your project planning, please call the Tasmanian Community Fund office on 6165 8333.
Watch the video to find out more about the impact of Dress for Success Hobart's Workforce Engagement project.