Increasing Workforce Participation
The Tasmanian Community Fund is committed to providing $1.5 million per year for five years from 2018 to support projects that increase workforce engagement. This commitment was the result of feedback from the community about the need for increased engagement and capacity to engage with the workforce across Tasmania.
The timeline for applications for Increasing Workforce Participation - Large projects is as follows:
Strategic Initiatives - Community wellbeing and increasing workforce engagement $50 000 to $500 000 applications open on the 6 February 2021. EOI close on the 10 March 2021.
Through Increasing Workforce Engagement, the TCF supports collaborative and sustainable projects that increase Tasmanian's capacity and capability to engage with or continue to engage with the workforce in one or more of the following areas:
- increasing the number of young people in employment, education and training
- improving linkages between employment education and training
- increasing participation rates in education, training and lifelong learning that lead to increased workforce participation
- increasing life aspirations and attainment
- increasing functional literacy and numeracy (including financial and digital literacy)
- improving language skills for Tasmanians for whom English as a second language is a barrier to participation
- increasing capacity to transition through life stages.
If you have a project idea, it is never to early too start your project planning, please call the Tasmanian Community Fund office on 6165 8333.
Watch the video to find out more about the impact of Dress for Success Hobart's Workforce Engagement project.